Matthew Shepard Foundation Leadership Council
The Matthew Shepard Foundation Leadership Council is an extraordinary group of donors who help fund the important work of the Foundation through annual gifts of $1,000 or more. The funds raised through the Leadership Council directly support our wide-ranging programs, which focus on Erasing Hate in our society, through resources and activities such as MatthewsPlace.com, speaking engagements by founder Judy Shepard, production support for “The Laramie Project,” Erasing Hate: A Community Discussion, and public advocacy on behalf of equality for all LGBT Americans.
By becoming a member of the Leadership Council, you join a prestigious group of contributors who are playing a critical role in providing the financial leadership that makes the work of the Matthew Shepard Foundation possible.
Register Now to Join the Leadership Council Members Only Section
The Leadership Council web page is a “Members Only” section of the MatthewShepard.org website which allows you an inside look at the workings of the Foundation. Complete with weekly Executive Director updates, a bi-monthly podcast and/or chat session with a Foundation staff member, as well as advance ticketing opportunities for all Matthew Shepard Foundation events, the page is another way we seek to engage our donors and showcase our accomplishments.
Your donation of $1,000 or more supports the following Matthew Shepard Foundation programs:
Join the Leadership Council today and receive:
All Leadership Council Members ($1,000 or more annually) receive the following:
• Recognition as a Major Donor, listed in the Matthew Shepard Foundation Annual Report, all event programs and the winter edition of Erasing Hate, our bi- annual newsletter.
• Invitations to the Annual Leadership Council VIP Reception.
• Subscription to Members only section of the website.
• A copy of the Matthew Shepard Foundation Year End Report.
• Electronic publications – subscriptions to all electronic newsletters of the
Matthew Shepard Foundation, plus special Leadership Council e-newsletters.
• Advance notice of Matthew Shepard Foundation events.
• An autographed book of Judy Shepard’s memoir The Meaning of Matthew.
Donors at the $2,500 – $4,999 level also receive:
• A complimentary copy of our Erase Hate Resource Kit sent to the school of your choice (customized for elementary, middle or high school – may contain Small Bear Big Dreams programs, Erase Hate wristbands, Matthew Shepard Foundation poster series and other materials).
• Special opportunities to meet with Judy Shepard and senior Matthew Shepard Foundation staff.
Donors at the $5,000 – $9,999 level receive these additional benefits:
• Advance purchase opportunities for tickets to Matthew Shepard Foundation events.
Donors at the $10,000 – $24,999 level receive the above benefits plus:
• 2 VIP tickets to both of the Matthew Shepard Foundation Bear To Make A Difference events.
• Half-page ad in all Matthew Shepard Foundation Event program books.
Donors at the $25,000 or above level also receive:
• 4 VIP tickets to the Matthew Shepard Foundation Bear To Make A Difference event.
• Full-page ad in all Matthew Shepard Foundation event program books.