Ways You Can Give
All gifts, in all forms, are important to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. Whether you make a gift of cash, stock, or other asset, your donation is directly used in helping to Erase Hate and replace it with “understanding, compassion, and acceptance.”
- Donations: Outright donations made by cash, check, or credit card are the easiest to make. They are also tax deductible in the year they are given. The Foundation also gratefully accepts pledges—i.e., gifts that are paid over time.
- Planned Giving: There are several methods of executing planned gifts. You may make a bequest naming the Matthew Shepard Foundation in your will, name MSF as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or by making a gift of real estate. We suggest discussing financial and estate issues with your accountant and/or attorney in deciding what is best for your situation.
- Estate Bequest: A bequest is one of the most powerful and flexible expressions of your support. If you are considering naming the Matthew Shepard Foundation a beneficiary of your will, we can provide customized sample language to do so. A carefully planned bequest is an excellent way to leave a significant legacy while reducing, and in some situations eliminating, estate taxes.
- Memorial Gifts: Honoring a person’s memory is a wonderful way to celebrate their life. Upon making a memorial donation, a family representative will be notified of the contribution you made in their loved one’s name.
- National Corporate Partners: The Foundation works with companies to design a program that meets their specific philanthropic, marketing, and public relations objectives. You may be able to double or even triple your gift to the Foundation. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company matches your gifts or to set up Corporate Matching with your company please contact our office.
- Corporate Sponsorship: The support from corporate America is directly related to the Foundation’s success. Please show your loyalty and support by directing your friends and family to our generous sponsors